ARTICLE I: NAME AND PURPOSE
Section 1: Name
This organization is incorporated under the laws of the state of Utah and shall be known as the DUCHESNE COUNTY AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE and is being branded as Chamber of Commerce Serving Duchesne County also known as Chamber of Commerce Serving Duchesne County.
Section 2: Purpose
The purpose of the Duchesne County Area Chamber of Commerce is to achieve these objectives:
(1) Preserving the competitive enterprise system of business by creating a better understanding and appreciation of the importance of business people and a concern for their problems; educating the business community and representing it in city, county, and state, and political affairs; preventing or addressing controversies if they are detrimental to the expansion and growth of business in the community.
(2) Fostering business and community growth and development through economic programs designed to strengthen and expand the income potential of all businesses in the trade area; promoting programs of a civic, social, and cultural nature that are designed to increase the functional and aesthetic values of the community; and discovering and correcting abuses that prevent the advancement of business expansion and community growth.
ARTICLE IL: MEMBERSHIP
Section 1: Membership
Any person may apply for membership in Duchesne County Area Chamber of Commerce upon the form of application for membership prescribed by the Officers.
Section 2: Membership Classifications
Active members: All individuals, firms, corporations, and property owners who have an interest in the commercial, industrial, and agricultural development of the community may be members. Special web use and other designated promotions will be provided to the Upper Level Sponsors, but all business, individuals, clubs or community interest will be able to utilize the chambers resources and coordination for all that will be of importance to enhance the growth and development of our county.
Section 3: Duration of Membership
(1) Membership is for one year; renewing on the first day of the month the business initially joined the chamber. Membership in the Duchesne County Area Chamber of Commerce shall terminate upon death or the dissolution of the firm, corporation, or other organization and may, at the option of the member, terminate upon removal from the Duchesne County geographical area.
(2) Membership in the Duchesne County Area Chamber of Commerce may be terminated for conduct unbecoming a member, by a majority vote of the board memb at any regular or special meeting; provided that written notice ofthe proposed action or the right of the member to appear at the meeting on his/her own behalf has been giv to the member at least 20 days prior to the meeting.
DEFINITION FOR DUCHESNE COUNTY AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
CODE OF CONDUCT:
As a Member of the Duchesne County Area Chamber of Commerce, I/we recognize membership is a privilege and that a membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that all members understand and commit to the following code of conduct. T code of conduct shall, without limitation, require members and all participants of Chamber-sponsored programs to:
1. Abide by the Bylaws of the Duchesne County Area Chamber of Commerce and Rules of Operation for any applicable programs of the Chamber. The Bylaws serve as the governing document for all programs and will supersede all other documents.
2. Refrain from publicly disparaging the business practices of fellow members and refrain from condoning of engaging in misrepresentation or unethical practices.
3. Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honorably upon the business community and fellow Chamber Members.
4. Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Duchesnce County Area Chamber of Commerce, and represent the Chamber accordingly.
5. Understand, support and promote the Vision and Mission of the Duchesne County Area Chamber of Commerce and cooperate with fellow members in the application of the Code of Conduct.
6. Whenever reasonably possible, participate in the function and activities of the Chamber, and promote the enhancement of business growth within the Duchesne County area.
7. Observe the highest standards of ethics in rendering services and/or offering products for sale, based on the member' own knowledge and expertise.
8. Refrain from engaging in any practices prohibited by law or seeking unfair advantage over fellow members and conform to all laws established by municipal,
State and federal governments for the control of said business were applicable.
2 v G @ Qu Search
9. Present a true presentation in all advertising. Goods, and services shall be advertised in accordance with all Municipal, State and Federal legislation.
10. Respect the role of the Chamber staff.
I/we also understand that the failure to adhere to the professional and personal obligations of the Duchesne County Area Chamber of Commerce, as outlined abov defined in the Chamber Bylaws, can result in the termination of my/our membership
Section 4: Honorary Membership
Distinction in public affairs shall confer eligibility to honorary membership. Honorary members shall have all the privileges of members except the right to vote and shall be exempt from payment of dues. The officers shall confer or revoke honorary membership by a majority vote.
ARTICLE III: OFFICERS AND ELECTION THEREOF
Section 1: Officers
The Officers of the Duchesne County Area Chamber of Commerce shall consist of four members to be elected by the present board members of the Duchesne County Area Chamber of Commerce as President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
Section 2: Election of Members
The election of Officers shall be held during the month of January of each year in the manner hereafter set forth, and the newly elected officers shall take office immediately following the election. It was voted on that all officers shall hold the position for two years and then if agreed upon the Vice Present will assume the office of President for two years. All other officers will be up for election on a yearly bases.
Section 3: Manner of Voting
Voting shall be by written, email or verbal phone conversation during the election by active board members only and no member shall cast more than one vote. Only board members in good standing shall be permitted to vote.
Section 4: Term of elections
Officers shall be elected for a term of two (2) years. President and Treasurer shall be elected on the even numbered years and Vice-President and Secretary on odd numbered years.
Section 5: Nominations
Nominations may be made by any board member of the Duchesne County Area
Chamber of Commerce in good standing.
Section 6: Consecutive nominations
No officers, subject to election, shall be elected or hold office for more than three (3) consecutive terms of two (2) years each.
Section 7: Vacancy
If any officer vacancy occurs, it shall be filled by board members submitting and voting on new officer to replace that vacated office. Any officer so appointed shall serve for the remainder of the term for which his/her successor shall have been elected and assume office as here-in-above set forth.
ARTICLE IV: DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section 1: President and Director
The President shall preside at all meetings of the membership and shall be a member of all regular and special committees. The Director shall be responsible for hiring and firing with approval from two board members. The Director will also be responsible for discharging, directing, and supervising all employees. The Director, President and Vice President shall be responsible for the preparation of an operating budget covering all activities of the chamber subject to approval of the board members. The Director shall also be responsible for all expenditures with approved budget allocations of $500 with pre approval of larger purchases my majority of the board.
Section 2: Vice President
The Vice-President will have such duties as may be assigned by the President. The Vice-President shall act in lieu of the President when the President is unable to act. The Vice-President shall be responsible for the preparation of an operating budget covering all activities of the chamber subject to approval of the board members.
Section 3: Secretary
The Secretary will take the minutes of all meetings and provide copies as needed. The Secretary and Director shall be responsible for the preparation of an operating budget covering all activities of the chamber subject to approval of the board members.
Section 4: Treasurer
The Treasurer shall be responsible for the preparation of an operating budget covering all activities of the chamber subject to approval of the board members. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the safeguarding of all funds received by the chamber and for their proper disbursement. Such funds shall be kept on deposit in financial institutions or invested in a manner approved by the board of directors. Checks are to be signed by the by any two officers. The treasurer shall cause a yearly financial report to be made to the members.
ARTICLE V: POWERS CONFERRED UPON THE OFFICERS
Section 1: Contracts
The Officers shall have power in the organization's name too: lease real estate and personal property, and may enter into contracts of any kind in furthering the purposes of the Chamber.
Section 2: Bylaws
It shall be the duty of the Officers to carry into effect the purposes of the organization; to make, adopt, and/or amend By-Laws, rules and regulations for the government of the organization; to create and appoint subordinate officers and positions and to prescribe the duties thereof.
ARTICLE VI: FINANCES
Section 1: Funds
All money paid to the chamber shall be placed in a general operating fund. Unused funds from the current year's budget can be placed in a reserve account.
Section 2: Disbursements
Upon approval of the budget, the president/director and one other officer is authorized to make disbursements on accounts and expenses provided for in the budget without additional approval of all the board members.
Section 3: Fiscal Year
The fiscal year of the chamber shall close on December 31.
Section 4: Budget
The officers shall adopt the budget for the coming year or approve budget expenses at monthly board meetings.
Article VII: AMENDMENTS
Section 1: Revisions
These bylaws may be amended or altered by a majority of the board members at any regular or special meetings, provided that notice for the meeting includes the proposa for amendments. Any proposed amendments or alterations shall be submitted to the board members in writing at least 10 days in advance of the meeting at which they ar be acted upon. Amended